Mortgage Plus Improvement Canada Guaranty
Get the best mortgage!
Latest Blog Posts
- New BC Budget highlights and how it affects you and real estate
- Happy New Year! Thank you for choosing us as your Mortgage Broker!
- Just because it is Friday!
- Major Breaking News! Down payment increasing from 5% to 10%
- Interview with Ryan Smith from the Canadian Mortgage Professional Magazine - Q & A - A good time for alternative lending
- What should seniors expect from the new Liberal government?
- Canadian Mortgage Professional 30 second video
- Canadian Mortgage Professionals Canada
- What is on Your Bucket List? Join us at our booth and presentation at the 55+ Lifestyle Show Oct 20 at the Olympic Village in Vancouver!
- Are we living beyond our means?
PURCHASE ADVANTAGE PLUS™
The Purchase Advantage Plus program is designed to assist borrowers who are purchasing and want to make value-added improvements to their home, while including these costs within their first mortgage.
download PURCHASE ADVANTAGE PLUS™ Product Sheet
25 year standard.
Up to 80% LTV: Eligible for a 30 year amortization (subject to a 0.25% premium surcharge).
LOAN TO VALUE CRITERIA
Maximum 95% LTV for Purchase: 1–2 units
Maximum 90% LTV for Purchase: 3–4 units
Maximum LTV is subject to adjustments based on local housing market conditions.
Maximum 4 units, with 1 unit owner-occupied.
MAXIMUM VALUE OF IMPROVEMENTS
Full appraisal required for improvements exceeding 20% of “as is” value or $40,000
Lending value is based on the lesser of the improved property value or the purchase price, plus direct costs associated with the improvements.
Gifted down payment from immediate family member is acceptable.
Borrower must provide the lender with quotes for the work to be completed.
Standard underwriting guidelines apply.
Lender is responsible for managing holdbacks.
Lender to confirm improvements are completed.
Loan-to-Value Ratio Single Premium Top-Up Premium
≤ 65% 0.60% 0.60%
65.01%–75% 0.75% 2.60%
75.01%–80% 1.25% 3.15%
80.01%–85% 1.80% 4.00%
85.01%–90% 2.40% 4.90%
90.01%–95% 3.15% 4.90%
Flex 95 Advantage™ 3.35% 4.90%
NOTE: Mortgage Insurance premiums are non-refundable.